Monday, December 3, 2012

Revelation 2:16



Revelation 2:16
Revelation 2:16 Therefore repent. If not, I will come to you soon and war against them with the sword of my mouth.

Repent  : The Lord gave an invitation to repent.
...If not, I will come to you soon : This phrase was repeating five times only in book revelation. That means God will punish them within short period.
 In Noah days God gave time to the people to repent. Bible says Noah preached people to repent about 120 years (Genesis 6:3). But the people were not repent. What happened? Within 40 days (Genesis 7:17) God destroyed the whole earth. Here the time 40 days is the very short time. Same like God destroyed the Sodom and Gomorrah with sulfur and fire (Genesis 19:24).

…war against them with the sword of my mouth : This phrase explain us his judgment. On judgment day we can’t expect mercy from the Lord. He will judge based on our activities.  His word always, YES means YES or NO means NO
2 Corinthians 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.
2 Corinthians 5:11 Therefore, knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade others. But what we are is known to God, and I hope it is known also to your conscience.

Hosea 6:5 Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets; I have slain them by the words of my mouth, and my judgment goes forth as the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment