Saturday, December 22, 2012

Revelation 3:8



Revelation 3:8


Rev 3:8 - I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no  one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

Rev 3:8 - I know your deeds… - From this phrase we can able to understand that our Lord God was well-known about the Philadelphia's. What is their strength? How they obeyed to the God.  How much important they gave to our Lord God.
                                                                                                   
Rev 3:8  I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut…
Jesus has kept an opened door for all Christians, any righteous can be enter through this door. Who has chosen the narrow path they can able to enter through this door. What is this door? This door use to enter into Kingdom of Heaven.  Nobody can shut this door on them and all who believe the gospel belong to Christ. It is as if they go through the door to eternal life.

Rev 3:8 …I know that you have little strength…

Lord our God mentioning here about the physical strength not the spiritual strength. They were very less in the numbers, because of that only here Lord mentioning have little strength. In Luke 12:32 Jesus advised to His disciples. His disciples were less in numbers just 12 people. He told to them

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom”

In the same way in Philadelphia church also the believer of follower of Christ were small in numbers because of that only Jesus told to them “you have a little strength”.  In the Luke 12:32 second part Jesus mentioned that “your father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom” in the same manner to Philadelphia church also Jesus told “I know that you have little strength”.  Till now the situation was same “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few (Lk.10:2)”

Rev 3:8 …yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.

The one of the reward to those who overcome previous church was mentioned in Rev3:5 I will confess his name before my Father and before His angels”
When the Jesus confess our name before His Father and His angels?
Jesus Himself told in the Mt. 10:32, 33 & Luke 12:8, 9

Matthew 10:32 So everyone who acknowledges me before men, I also will acknowledge before my Father who is in heaven,
Matthew 10:33 but whoever denies me before men, I also will deny before my Father who is in heaven.
Luke 12:8 "And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God,
Luke 12:9 but the one who denies me before men will be denied before the angels of God.

The Sardis church was not did that. But the Philadelphia church was not denies Jesus Christ name. The members of this church pleased the Lord. They believed the word of God and they obeyed it. Even though the synagogue of Satan tried to force them to deny the name of Christ, but they would not. They were loyal to Jesus at all times, because of that Jesus honoring and told to them, you have not denied my name.



No comments:

Post a Comment