Monday, December 3, 2012

Revelation 2:17




Revelation 2:17
Revelation 2:17 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, with a new name written on the stone that no one knows except the one who receives it.'
To the one who conquers I will give some of the hidden manna

Manna
According to the Old Testament Exodus chapter 16 the manna which the Israelites ate of in the wilderness, But according to the new covenant which is manna? The none other than Jesus Christ.
John 6:35 Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.
We know that the book of revelation teaching about the Judgment and the eternal life. Whoever overcome the sexual immorality and idol worship they will receive the eternal life.
How?
John 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. And the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh."
Rev 2:7 The Lord told to Ephesian chruch “grant to eat of the tree of life
Rev 2: 10 The Lord told to Smyrna Church “I will give you the crown of life.”
Rev 2: 11 he one who conquers will not be hurt by the second death.'
Rev 3: 5 The Lord told to Sardis Church “I will never blot his name out of the book of life.”
Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.

Hidden Manna
It is here called "hidden" because it was a secret unknown to the pagan world of the community to which Revelation was written.

I will give him a white stone
(Nahth 6:51) ehNd thdj;jpypUe;jpwq;fpd [Pt mg;gk;@ ,e;j mg;gj;ijg; Grpf;fpwtd; vd;nwd;iwf;Fk; gpiog;ghd;@ ehd; nfhLf;Fk; mg;gk; cyfj;jpd; [PtDf;fhf ehd; nfhLf;Fk; vd; khk;rNk vd;whh;.

Abraham, father of a great multitude
Abram, high father

Abram renamed Abraham by God
Jacob renamed              by God Jacob, that supplants, undermines; the heel
Lo-Ammi renamed Ammi by God Lo-ammi, not my people
Lo-Ruhamah renamed Ruhamah by God
Sarai renamed Sarah by God
Saul also known as Paul   Simon renamed Peter by Jesus

In Bible Name changed by God
Old Name
Meaning
New Name
Meaning
Abram
high father
Abraham
father of a great multitude
Jacob
that supplants, undermines; the heel
Israel
who prevails with God
Lo-Ammi
not my people
Ammi
my, or his, people
Lo-Ruhamah
not having obtained mercy
Ruhamah
having obtained mercy
Sarai
my lady
Sarah
princess of the multitude
Saul
demanded; lent; ditch; death
Paul
small; little
Simon
that hears; that obeys
Peter
a rock or stone



No comments:

Post a Comment